HUGH TOWN, ST MARY'S Tregarthen’s Hotel boasts some of the best views of any hotel on St Mary’s. It is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the slower pace of life the islands offer. Tregarthen’s Hotel was founded by Captain Frank Tregarthen, who operated the steam packet ship ‘Little Western’, delivering mail, provisions and the very first tourists to the island. FEATURES The award-winning restaurant has spectacular harbour views and specialises in local seafood dishes. Meals, snacks and drinks are also served on the beautiful garden terrace. It’s the perfect place for an alfresco lunch. Tregarthen’s Hotel is one of the most family-friendly hotels on the islands. Babies and children are well catered for, and there is a great selection of complimentary items you can book, such as baby carriers, baby baths, monitors, bouncers etc. Please enquire on booking. Dog-friendly hotel; please ask us for details ACCOMMODATION Tregarthen’s Hotel has 32 en suite, beautifully appointed rooms, some with fabulous sea views. Interconnecting rooms are also available — perfect for families. All the bedrooms come complete with crisp white bed linen and fluffy bath robes, and have been individually designed. Design is contemporary and reminds us of the lovely New England beach house style. • Tea/coffee making facilities • iron and board • safe • hairdryer • trouser press • bathrobe • telephone • Wi-fi ROOM CHOICES Standard Room – Standard double or twin, inland view. All shower over bath en suite. Standard Room Seaview – Standard double (only 4) or twin with sea or harbour view. All shower over bath en suite. Superior Room – All rooms have town view with twin or double configuration, all en-suite shower over bath. More spacious than a standard and majority have a sofa area (which can be converted into a bed). Superior Room Seaview – All rooms have sea or harbour views, twin or double configurations. All shower over bath except room 10 which has a shower only. More spacious than standard and majority have a sofa area (which can converted into a bed). Interconnecting rooms (for families) – Two sets interconnecting (all standard inland view; rooms 24/25 and rooms 19/20) and one with adjoining door (standard seaview to standard inland view; rooms 17/18) HOTEL TOP TIPS This hotel is right next to the quay so as well as benefiting from glorious sea and harbour views if you are arriving by Scillonian III you can save money by not taking a transfer and walking the few short minutes straight to the hotel reception.
Tregarthen's Hotel 3*
- If you want to see the puffins they return to the islands between April and August.
- St Mary’s is a truly dog friendly holiday destination. It could not be easier to take your beloved pooch on both the Scillonian III ferry or the Skybus operated flights. Several hotels on the island allow dogs and there is a small company on the island who rent all the items you may need from dog baskets and blankets to food and water bowls.
- We can highly recommend Juliet’s Garden, a fantastic restaurant with a terrace overlooking Hugh Town and the sea. This is a great place for dinner or finishing the day with a refreshing sundowner.
- For those with limited mobility or for those simply looking for a fun way to explore the island it is possible to book golf carts for your stay, as there is no car hire here. Pre-booking is essential.
- Will Wagstaff is the islands resident ornithologist and naturalist and leading authority on all things flora and fauna in the Isles of Scilly. Will’s guided walks are available to pre-book, for just the day or for longer. He also gives a slideshow presentation most Saturday evenings in the Church Hall, St Marys (payable locally, approximately £5 per person.