The Regency is a Kalkan legend. Loved by guests and the travel press in equal measure, this family-run hotel has raised the bar to the highest possible level in terms of friendly, professional service, delivered with a genuine smile in one of the best locations in Kalkan.
We are delighted that owners Masuda and Nuri Tomanbay and their two sons, Dolunay and Aşkınay, have decided on Simpson Travel as their exclusive partners.
‘The best view in Kalkan’ is a title that many aspire to, and The Regency certainly has a legitimate claim to the honour, offering a wide-angle panorama of the harbour and the bay beyond from just about every corner of the hotel. Beyond the view, the focal point for most guests is the large swimming pool. To build a pool of this size in a place where level ground is more valuable than gold is testament to the Tomanbay family’s commitment to exceeding their guests’ expectations, a philosophy that you’ll encounter over and over again during your stay.
With an outstanding restaurant serving locally-sourced produce, a traditional hamam, a gym and an elegant spa, the hotel is aimed primarily at a discerning adult clientele, and guests under 18 are not permitted outside the main school holiday periods.
You are very welcome to bring your children in the high summer months however, and some of the suites sleep up to four to accommodate those travelling with little ones. Even when the hotel is full, the grounds are so large that there is room for everyone to find their own space, and the gently sociable atmosphere of the bar and pool areas is a great attraction for guests of all ages, some of whom rarely leave the hotel during their entire stay.
If you’d like to get out and explore a bit more of Kalkan, the village centre is around ten minutes away on foot, plus another five to the harbour.
The 41 rooms and suites vary in style, size and aspect, and all the individual room types are listed in our Details section. Whether you chose a standard room for two or one of the new Pool Suites with its own individual pool, the unifying factor is the warmth and attention shown to every visitor.
Masuda, Nuri, Dolunay and Aşkınay clearly share our own passion for personal service, and we are confident that Simpson travellers will be as taken with this special place as we are and the many numbers of guests who return year after year.
Children are welcome from 30 May-6 June, 11 Jul-29 August and 24-31 October 2021. All other departure dates are Adult Only (18 years or older). In some rooms/suites, it is possible to accommodate three children. If you’d like to book for a family of five, please call our travel specialists.We'd like to treat you...
- A full-day Turquoise Coast cruise with lunch aboard the hotel’s private gület, Poseidon
- A complimentary Turkish steam bath (hamam) in the hotel’s celebrated spa
- 41 rooms and suites
- Terrace restaurant, swim-up pool bar and terrace bar
- Turkish buffet breakfast included
- Room service (not 24 hours)
- Complimentary WiFi corner in lounge
- Indoor bar and games room with pool table, table tennis
- Lounge with satellite TV/DVD with full channel listings (BBC, Sky, Sky Sports) and Turkish corner with cushions
- Indoor air-conditioned gym
- Interconnecting rooms available in the Standard Hotel room type (111, 112, 211, 212)
- Pool towels provided by the hotel for use in the hotel grounds
- Simpson Travel beach towels provided
- Outdoor massage hut with views
- Spa and beauty treatments
- Turkish hamam and sauna
- Laundry services (with dry cleaning)
- Spa and beauty treatments are only available to those over 18 years of age
- Hairdryers, mini-bar, safes and tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms
- Bathrobes and slippers in all rooms
Discounted rates for pre-booked spa treatments
- 10% discount on spa and beauty treatments
- All bookings will be confirmed by hotel staff
- Swimming pool 30m x 10m (depth 1.10m – 2m)
- Children's pool 3.9m x 3.9m (depth 50cm throughout)
Food and special events
- Hotel uses as much locally-sourced produce as possible
- Almost all produce used is organic
- Majority of vegetables, herbs, cheese, fruit, milk, yoghurt and olive oil come from the hotel's organic farm in Islamlar
Hotel farm visits
- Informal visits to the hotel’s farm available to demonstrate how the food used is harvested from the fields and served within hours
- Advise hotel staff of your interest to arrange a farm visit
- Chefs prepare mezes along with meat and fish dishes in front of guests
- Illuminated terrace and pool areas
- Music and dancing
- Payable locally
- Guests are invited into the Regency’s kitchens to learn how to prepare some traditional dishes
- Guests can discover more about one of the cuisines served at the hotel
- Advise hotel staff of your interest to arrange a kitchen visit
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops) 10min walk
- Beach (Kalkan) 10min walk
- Patara 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 40min drive
Reference : STA